1. You are taking a short-term English or French course.
2. Pre-school students (pre-kindergarten)
However, a visitor visa may be necessary for these situations if the student isn't from a visa-exempt nation.
Canadian Study Visa Requirements
As per our student visa consultants in Toronto, you will be eligible for Canadian Study Permit, if you meet the following requirements:
1. You have been accepted to study a professional, academic, or training program at a to a Designated Learning Institution.
2. The institution has also issued a Letter of Acceptance.
3. You have proof for the enough funds for living expense tuition fees, living expenses and return transportation to your home country. If applicable, you can provide proof to support yourself for at least one year.
4. If you're from a country where a medical examination is required, provide the required test results, and ensure that you are in good health.
5. You must prove to the immigration officer that you intend to leave Canada before the expiry of your study permit.
You Can Apply For A Study Permit If:
1. You are an international student.
2. You are enrolled in an academic, vocational, or training program.
3. You will be studying for more than 6 months.
4. You will be studying for less than 6 moths but want to work in Canada (However, you must work in Canada as part of your study program).