Crightney Immigration Logo

For Consultation

+1 (647) 776-5202

Family sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor the spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or dependent child (including adopted children) in order to become Canadian permanent residents.
As a permanent resident, Canada allows you to live, study and work in Canada. Sponsoring a relative to Canada to become a permanent resident means you will be responsible for financial support once he or she arrives. You must ensure that your relative or spouse does not require financial assistance from the government. Family sponsorship applicants do not need to meet the points system or the discretionary selection criteria as used for other categories.
Two different methods can be used to sponsor your family in the family class. The first process is for your spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children. You can also sponsor eligible relatives by filling out another application.

Eligibility Requirements for Family Sponsorship

Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can sponsor their spouse, dependent child, parent, grandparent, or any other eligible relative in order to become permanent residents. Sponsorships may be available for these members of the family group.
  • Common-law or spouse
  • Conjugal partners over 18 years
  • Parents and grandparents
  • Dependent children
  • Adopted children
  • A child under 18 years old whom you are adopting
  • Children under guardianship
  • Siblings, brothers, nephews, and nieces. Few following conditions apply for them:
    • If they are of orphans
    • Less than 18 years old
    • Unmarried
    • Not in a common law relationship

General Question

Get Your All Answer Here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi.

error: Content is protected !!